May 24, 2020
Due to COVID-19 concerns and uncertainty with summer restrictions, AMTA and local hosts stepped up to create and offer virtual professional development courses in 2020.
AMTA is hosting the following sections:
Physics – Mechanics: June 22-July 9 with Nicholas Park (TX) and Ben Grimes (IN) as facilitators
· Chemistry I – June 15-July 3 with Erica Posthuma (IN) and Ryan Bruick (IN)
· Chemistry II – June 22-July 3 with Brenda Royce (CA) and Larry Dukerich (AZ) as leaders – co- sponsored by Cal Poly SLO – check for discount
· Biology – June 15-July 3 with Gloria Gajewicz (OH) and Clarissa Furlong (OH)
· Biology – July 13-31 with Renee Ashlock (AZ) and Tanea Hibler (AZ)
· Middle School – June 15-July 3 with Rachel Kent (MI) and Jessica Wagenmaker (MI)
· Middle School – July 6-24 with David Bates (MI) and Aaron Mueller (IL)
Many of our traditional workshop hosts are offering their professional development virtually as well, for details, please check the AMTA website: https://www.modelinginstruction.org/professional-development/upcoming-workshops/summer-2020/virtual-summer-courses/
Crosscutting Concept (1)
Science & Engineering Practices (4)
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!