Attention K-12 Science and Chemistry Teachers,
The American Chemical Society (ACS) would like to help you enhance your curriculum through a new grant initiative! We in the Central Wisconsin Section of the ACS, the local section in which your school resides, will be administering funds to help teachers enhance their chemistry curriculum. Do you have an idea that you would like to implement but cannot obtain the materials due to limited funding? Please apply for an ACS Central Wisconsin Teaching Enhancement Grant by Monday, January 10! We will notify award winners by Monday, January 31.
Examples of proposed activities that could be funded:
• • Materials (such as red cabbage, blender, acidic and basic household items, etc.) to create a pH indictor for demonstration or hands-on use in an elementary school course.
• • Materials (such as a plastic stand, zinc and copper washers, alligator clips, vinegar, felt pads, etc.) to create an example battery as a hands-on activity or demonstration for a middle school class.
• • Materials (such as black tea, vinegar, universal indicator, starch solution, etc.) to create a demonstration or hands-on activity in the classroom of Le Châtelier’s Principle for a high school class.
The focus and goal of an activity should be to demonstrate or provide a hands-on experience for students on a topic related to chemistry. While we recognize the opportunities virtual learning presents, we hope that students will benefit from in-person experiences through this grant.
Requests for electronic equipment (computers, iPads, etc.) and video equipment (microphones, webcams, etc.) must include an explanation for why the activity cannot be done in person.
Please complete the entry form found at the following link by Monday, January 10th at 5 p.m. https://uwsp.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_d0yPfgx0DFTkXEa
Required items in the form:
3. School Name
4. City of School
5. County of School
6. Grade(s) of Students for the Activity
7. Targeted Learning Outcome(s)
8. Summary of Teaching Proposal (up to 1000 words)
9. Estimated Budget (up to $500)
Contact: Katie McGarry (email@example.com)
Outreach Specialist University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point
Wisconsin Center for Environmental Education KEEP Wisconsin’s K-12 Energy Education Program
LEAF Wisconsin’s K-12 Forestry Education Program
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel